Friday, February 10, 2012

Starting blogging again

Hej vänner!
Som ni har märkt så har jag inte bloggat så ofta på sistone, det är på grund av att jag inte haft inspiration eller motivation för det.
Som de flesta också vet  så åker jag snart utomlands i 3 månader, jag hoppas kunna uppdatera min blogg under den tiden, så att ni kan delta på min resa.
Jag åker den 6:e mars, först till USA, Kansas City i Missouri. Där ska jag hälsa på några vänner från UMU som ska gifta sig, jag ska vara brudtärna på deras bröllop. Efter två veckor i USA åker jag vidare till Bogotá i Colombia, den 20:e mars. Där ska jag arbeta som volontär med ett UMU projekt som är bland gatubarnen där. Jag ser verkligen fram emot detta med spänning och lite fjärilar i magen. Jag hoppas ni också kan tycka det är spännande att följa resan via bloggen!



Hi friends!
As you have noticed I haven't been blogging so often lately, this is because I haven't had the inspiration or motivation for it.
But as most of you know I am soon going abroad for 3 months, and I am hoping to update my blog during this time, so that you can all be a part of the trip.
I am leaving the 6th of March, to first go to the States, to Kansas City, Missouri to visit some YWAM friends and attend their wedding. I will be a brides maid. After 2 weeks in the States I am going to Bogotá, Colombia the 20th of March. There I will volonteer with a YWAM ministry reaching out to street children. I am very excited about this! And I hope you will be as well, as you follow my journey on this blog!

Detta är en skiss jag gjort som föreställer gatubarnen i Bogotá. Jag har känt att jag ska åka dit helt enkelt för att älska dem med Guds kärlek som de behöver. Det är verkligen en förmån att få åka dit och vara med barnen och ge något till dem, jag har blivit välsignad med så mycket från Gud, att jag bara måste få ge något vidare.
This is a sketch I drew, portraying some street kids in Bogotá. I have felt that I am going there, simply to love them with God's love, which they so desperately need.  It is really a privilege to go there and be among the kids and give something to them, I have been blessed with so much from god, that I just have to give some away.


Sen i höstas har jag velat fokusera på just barn. Därför har jag även varit med och haft hand om söndagsskolan i min församling Korskyrkan i stan. Det har varit jätteroligt och är en bra förberedelse inför Colombia resan. Nu på söndag ska jag undervisa 4-6 åringar om när Mose blir räddad undan döden genom att Faraos dotter hittar honom i vassen och tar hand om honom. Detta är en fantastiskt berättelse om hur Gud tar hand om sitt folk och inte överger dem utan förser med en utväg genom att använda en hemsk situation och göra något bra utav det. Istället för att bli dödad som spädbarn får Mose växa upp som en prins i Faraos palats. Detta blev inte bara räddningen för honom utan för hela Israels folk, när Mose sedan blir den som Gud använder till att leda dem ut ur slaveriet. Fantastisk berättelse med många tidlösa sanningar som är till uppmuntran för oss idag! Gud ger oss en utväg när allt omkring oss ser hopplöst ut!

Since last fall I have wanted to focus on children. Therefore I have been helping out in the sunday school in my homechurch Korskyrkan in Karlstad. It has been so much fun and it is a good preparation for me as I go to Colombia. This coming Sunday I will teach 4-6 year olds about Moses being saved from death by Pharaoh´s daughter finding him in the water and taking care of him. It is a great story of how God takes care of his people, not abandoning them but rather providing a way by using a terrible situation and bringing something good out of it. Instead of being killed as a baby, Moses gets to grow up as a prince in Pharaoh's palace. This is the salvation, not only for him but for all of the people of Israel, as Moses is the one whom God later uses to lead them out of the slavery. Amazing story with many timeless truths which encourage us today! God provides a way when everything around us seems hopeless!



Jag vill också dela med mig av en otroligt bra sång som är min absoluta favorit psalm. Tyvärr vet jag inte om någon svensk översättning på den, då den är på engelska. Men titeln kan översättas till "Endast i Kristus", och  sången talar om att hur vi har allt i honom. Verkligen mäktig! Detta är en sång som jag vill ska prägla mitt liv, jag sjunger den ofta som en proklamation över mitt eget liv och vill att detta ska vara mitt livs erfarenhet.
Lyssna på den via länken nedan, jag skrev även ned texten för er.


I also want to share my absolute favorite song/psalm. "In Christ Alone". It is really powerful! This is the song I want to mark my life, I often sing it as a proclamation over myself and I want this to be my own experience in my life.
Listen to it via the link below, I also wrote the lyrics down for you to read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P8GkFKXMX4

Text / lyrics:


In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,


When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid—
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death—
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home—
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand

Ha en bra helg! 
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Than you Sarah for the good news & be blessed during the journey! yours Liisa&co

    ReplyDelete